|Title: Problems with reboot not finishing after update to SecureIT 2009|
There have been a few reports of the computer not completing reboot during the upgrade to SecureIT 2009 from a previous version.
Follow these steps:
1. Open Windows Explorer by double clicking on your "My Computer" icon.
2. Navigate to the following location: C:/Windows/System32/drivers/
3. Inside this drivers folder, find the file SCfltr.sys.
4. Delete this file.
5. Open your SecureIT 2009 Management Console. You'll notice the PC Security version is red.
6. Click on the button "Click To Resolve." This will download the appropriate files and prompt you to reboot.
During this first reboot, you may still have to manually hold the power button on your computer to shut it down. After the computer has shut down, turn it back on and the new files will load.
Your computer should now respond correctly when asked to reboot.
|Authored by: SCAdmin on Thu, Apr 9th, 2009 at 6:00 PM
This question has been viewed 6774 times so far.
|Online URL: http://products.securitycoverage.com/guides/secureit/kb/question.php?ID=4|
Powered by PHPKB Knowledge Base Software